We’ll be posting submission details for second volume of The Alchemy Press Book of Horrors shortly. Keep and eye out for the details — here and on Facebook.
If you submit anything to The Alchemy Press Book of Horrors, please write a brief note in the body of the email, along the lines of “Dear Peter and Jan, please consider my story for…” etc. An email devoid of any kind of communication but with only a file attachment does give us cause for concern.
It would also be of benefit if you could put the title of your story in the email’s submission line (don’t worry if you haven’t done so but have already submitted); and obviously name the attached file with the story title — this is to stop submissions becoming lost or misfiled on our computers. Make sure your manuscript includes the story title, your name and pen name (if applicable), and a contact email address.
Further information regarding the submission details for The Alchemy Press Book of Horrors:
- We accept stories from anywhere in the world (the galaxy, even) if written in English
- We only accept email submissions
- We are looking for new stories although reprints may be considered
- Please present your manuscript as a Word document (or RTF or similar) using standard formatting (double spacing, etc).
- And you must include your name and contact email on the manuscript itself.
2018 sees the re-launch of the Alchemy Press Book Of… anthologies with a brand new title: HORRORS, edited by Peter Coleborn and Jan Edwards. We are looking for horror stories … but tales that can be described as “weird”, “strange”, “amazing” and “peculiar”: stories that would have found a home in Weird Tales, Unknown Worlds, Fantastic and Fantasy Tales among other illustrious publications.
For the full guidelines visit the Alchemy Press of Horrors submissions page.