THE ALCHEMY PRESS BOOK OF HORRORS 3: A MISCELLANY OF MONSTERS
Monsters are many things. They come in all forms, shapes and sizes: from to the tiny to the titanic; from amorphous blobs to many limbed (or tentacled) monstrosities; from supernatural demons to man-made terrors. They come from any place and time: from under the bed to the woodshed; from the icy wastes to the darkest jungles; from the depths of the ocean to outer space; from the past, the future, the now!
Many things. Any things.
We are looking for stories featuring monsters for The Alchemy Press Book of Horrors 3: A Miscellany of Monsters to be edited by Peter Coleborn and Jan Edwards. To get a flavour of the type of writing we prefer, we suggest you check out volumes 1 and 2 of the series, available in print and eBook formats from Amazon and other sellers.
Check the above link for further details.
The ideal gift!
In the run up to Christmas, we are selling some of our books at super knockdown prices. Many of these titles are in low supply so this offer applies while in-house stocks last. The following paperbacks are on offer at £5.00 each plus p&p (£2.00 per book or £3.00 for two or more books up to 2 Kg in weight. UK orders; for overseas queries please email (see end of this post).
First up are anthologies, a fantastic place to discover new stories by a variety of authors.
- The Alchemy Press Book of Ancient Wonders ed. Jan Edwards and Jenny Barber
- The Alchemy Press Book of Pulp Heroes ed. Mike Chinn
- The Alchemy Press Book of Pulp Heroes 2 ed. Mike Chinn
- The Alchemy Press Book of Pulp Heroes 3 ed. Mike Chinn
- The Alchemy Press Book of Urban Mythic ed. Jan Edwards & Jenny Barber
- The Alchemy Press Book of Urban Mythic 2 ed. Jan Edwards & Jenny Barber
- Astrologica: Stories of the Zodiac ed. Allen Ashley
- Kneeling in the Silver Light ed. Dean M Drinkel
- Swords Against the Millennium ed Mike Chinn
Next, single-author collections. Here you can learn more about the writer you perhaps came across recently.
- Dead Water and Other Weird Tales by David A Sutton
- Tell No Lies by John Grant
- Evocations by James Brogden
- Music in the Bone by Marion Pitman
- Give Me These Moments Back by Mike Chinn
- Music from the Fifth Planet by Anne Nicholls
- The Complete Weird Epistles of Penelope Pettiweather, Ghost Hunter by Jessica Amanda Salmonson (note: postage on this title is £1.00)
- Merry-Go-Round and Other Words by Bryn Fortey
Two non-fiction books and a couple of novels next:.
- Doors to Elsewhere by Mike Barrett
- Touchstones: Essays on the Fantastic by John Howard
- Sex, Lies and Family Ties by Sarah J Graham
- Invent-10n by Rod Rees
Most of the above paperbacks will still be available to buy from Amazon and other online booksellers at the normal prices. Many Alchemy Press titles are also available for the Kindle eBook reader.
And now a few hardcover/limited edition books. These are £10.00 each plus £2.00 p&p in the UK. Overseas, please email.
- Rumours of the Marvellous by Peter Atkins
- Nick Nightmare Investigates by Adrian Cole
- Merry-Go-Round and Other Words by Bryn Fortey
- Invent-10n by Rod Rees
- Where the Bodies are Buried by Kim Newman
Finally, also available directly from us while in-house stocks last. Prices are as listed plus £2.00 p&p in the UK
- The Alchemy Press Book of Horrors ed. Peter Coleborn & Jan Edwards (£10.00)
- Something Remains ed. Peter Coleborn & Pauline E Dungate (£10.00)
- Monsters by Paul Kane (£8.00)
- The Private Life of Elder Things by Adrian Tchaikovsky, Adam Gauntlett & Keris McDonald (£8.00)
- Compromising the Truth by Bryn Fortey (£8.00)
Contact us, the Alchemy Press, using this form (or email@example.com) and we’ll confirm availability and price. Payment only via PayPal.Remember, in-house supplies are limited.
Please note: we are moving house and consequently will be without Internet access for a few weeks.
Thus any queries or orders will not be answered until broadband is re-established.
Alchemy Press anthologies are available in print and eBook (Kindle) formats. Click on the titles for the relevant links — and fill your eReader with excitement, wonder, myth, horror and pulp heroics.
- The Alchemy Press Book of Ancient Wonders (Amazon UK / Amazon US)
- The Alchemy Press Book of Urban Mythic (Amazon UK / Amazon US)
- The Alchemy Press Book of Urban Mythic 2 (Amazon UK / Amazon US)
- The Alchemy Press Book of Pulp Heroes (Amazon UK / Amazon US)
- The Alchemy Press Book of Pulp Heroes 2 (Amazon UK / Amazon US)
- The Alchemy Press Book of Pulp Heroes 3 (Amazon UK / Amazon US)
We have reduced the prices of some of our limited edition titles so now is the time to buy the book you’ve been meaning to. For details of the lower prices click on the book title and scroll down the page and take advantage of the PayPal button….
Merry-Go-Round and Other Words by Bryn Forty — collects the best from the author’s oeuvre, from his first horror story publication to stories appearing here for the first time. The contents range from across the horror and science fiction fields, with a bit between.Merry-Go-Round also includes his heart-felt poetry. This limited edition hardcover comes with a moving tribute by Johnny Mains and an extra, brand new story. An essential collection.
Invent-10n by Rod Rees — Greetings Gate, let’s Agitate. Look over your shoulder. Do you see the camera? Then dig that even as you read these words of sedition and denial you are being watched by the ever e-quisitive National Protection Agency. The National Protection Agency – omnipresent, omniscient and most ominous – which runs PanOptika, the spider at the centre of the Web.
Rumours of the Marvellous by Peter Atkins — “…it’s a real treat to have these stories side by side as they stretch back from 2011 to 1992. I won’t spoil your enjoyment by highlighting particular ones, suffice to say that you are in the hands of one of the best and most original writers of horror and dark fantasy to come along in the last twenty years; but Atkins is also a great stylist with a truly original voice, so be prepared to be entertained, enlightened and educated in the fine art of short story writing.”
Don’t forget, Kim Newman’s Where the Bodies are Buried is still on offer — Meet Rob Hackwill, folk demon. A blackmailer killed by his victims, returning to expose what they are really made of. Or so the script goes. But then Hackwill slithers out of film into reality. Where the Bodies are Buried is a heady brew of pulp horror, political satire and twisted technology. These four stories deconstruct the myths of the late twentieth century – with a hatchet. Prepare to laugh. Prepare to shudder. Prepare to find out Where the Bodies Are Buried.
If you wish to buy two or more titles contact us and we’ll quote a price to save on postage.
Paperback editions of Merry-Go-Round and Invent-10n are available from Amazon and other online dealers.
Rumours of the Marvellous by Peter Atkins includes fourteen of the writer’s best stories. Limited to 250 signed and numbered copies, features an introduction by Glen Hirshberg, a cover painting by Les Edwards. Co-published by The Alchemy Press and Airgedlámh Productions.
- King of Outer Space
- Stacy and Her Idiot
- Between the Cold Moon and the Earth
- Doctor Arcadia
- Intricate Green Figurines
- The Cubist’s Attorney
- Prisoners of the Inferno
- The Girl in the Blue Volcano
- The Show Must Go On
- The Mystery
- The Last of the Invisible Kings
- Frumpy Little Beat Girl
- Dancing like We’re Dumb (original to this collection)
I have now added BUY NOW PayPal buttons — for Europe and the rest of the world — to the Merry-Go-Round (limited edition) page. Unfortunately postage is so high outside the UK.