Sorry, we’re a bit late this time. Blame the balmy spring weather (well, it’s not raining today). When we can drag ourselves away from the garden and the (occasional) sunshine there are many books in the Alchemy Press edit/production room, to be added to the list over the following months. Imminent are:
- Monsters by Paul Kane, with an introduction by Nicholas Vince (with fabulous cover art by Clive Barker).
- Evocations by James Brogden, a collection of this fine writer’s horror and weird tales.
Monsters will be published in two editions – the hardcover coming with a special gift! These books will be launched at Edge Lit in Derby this coming July
Also in the pipeline for 2015 are collections from Anne Nicholls, Marion Pitman and others (real goodies in the line up, we promise).
Peter’s appearance a guest speaker at the PowWow Festival of Writing in Birmingham went exceptionally well, as did Jan’s library day at Leek Library, talking to readers and generally spreading the word. In non-fantasy arena, we took Peter’s daughter and new son-in-law on a hike along the top of the Staffordshire Roaches last week. Very invigorating – go and visit if you’re ever in the area.
Events for your diary:
- 30 May: Conan Doyle Con The City Tavern, Birmingham: Jan Edwards will be a guest speaker.
- 6 June: Leominster Book Fair (Leominster Festival Meet the Authors) in the John Abel Room, Grange Court, Leominster, where The Alchemy Press will be a part of the Leominster Arts week.
- 10 July: Alchemy Press author Adrian Cole is guesting at the Birmingham SF Group monthly meeting.
- 11 July: Edge-Lit 4, the QUAD, Derby. Book launches (see above); we are also a sponsor for this one-day fun-day of fantasy, SF and horror.
- 23-25 October: FantasyCon 2015, East Midlands Conference Centre. Nottingham. We’ll be launching a book or two.
- 13-15 November: Novacon 45: Park Inn Hotel, Nottingham. We’ll also launch books here.
* * *
Don’t forget our fine recent collections, available in print and DRM-free Kindle editions:
- Give Me These Moments Back by Mike Chinn
- Leinster Gardens and Other Subtleties by Jan Edwards
- Dead Water & Other Weird Tales by David A Sutton
- Tell No Lies by John Grant
* * *
While we’re here, check out these special signed and limited editions, available direct from The Alchemy Press:
- Nick Nightmare Investigates by Adrian Cole. Stories from the files of Nick Nightmare, Private Eye. Intrepid pulp hero thrown into a murky world of crawling horrors!
- Merry-Go-Round and Other Words by Bryn Fortey. Fiction from across the horror and SF fields, including Bryn’s heart-felt poetry.
- Invent-10n by Rod Rees. A short dystopian novel set in 2030 that follows the story of Jenni-Fur and Sebastian and the invention of a power source that will solve all our energy issues; or will it?
* * *
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Finally, for now, Peter will be editing/producing the FantasyCon 2015 souvenir book. He is currently soliciting contents (articles, stories, etc), but if you have anything you think would be appropriate for the convention, get in touch.
That’s all for now. Thanks for reading,
Peter & Jan